Tips for buying a house
The top 10 things you need to know when buying a home.
- Don’t buy if you can’t stay put.
- Start by shoring up your credit.
- Aim for a home you can really afford.
- If you can’t put down the usual 20 percent, you may still qualify for a loan.
- Buy in a district with good schools.
- Get professional help.
- Choose carefully between points and rate.
- Before house hunting, get pre-approved.
- Do your homework before bidding.
- Hire a home inspector.
Read more from the full article on Tips for Buying a Home at CNNMoney.com
How to Buy a Home With a Low Down Payment
Home loans with down payments of less than 20 percent are becoming increasingly popular. They are called low down payment mortgages. With the wide variety of loans available, home buyers have the freedom to choose the type of loan that best suits their needs. Early on in the homebuying process, it is a good idea to meet with several lenders to compare the types of mortgages they offer and shop for the best price and terms.
The rewards of homeownership include:
- Personal satisfaction
- Sense of community
- Tax savings
- Stability for you and your family
- Investment in the future
To learn how to obtain a mortgage with less than 20% down, you can read the full article here: